Youth are the future of society. Serteens are young men and women, ages 11 to 19, who are interested in the world around them and who are motivated to improve their world through SERvice TO MAnkind. The Serteen program is a great avenue for teens to identify and contribute to community needs. For more information, see Appendix A of the Serteen Manual or take a look at the How To Build A Serteen brochure.
Collegiate Sertoma Clubs are organized so young men and women may become active in providing service to their universities, colleges, and their communities. Club membership is open to young men and women, college age through graduation or 25 years of age (whichever comes first). For additional information, see the Collegiate Manual.
• Members form friendships and have fun planning social activities, service projects and fundraisers.
• Personal development, including the development of leadership and social skills
• The joy and satisfaction of being involved in service projects that improve life in their schools and communities.
School and Community Benefits:
• Clubs initiate projects to assist their schools, such as holding a drug education fair or Valentine Ball, organizing teacher appreciation days or buying needed equipment for the school.
• Members exemplify community service in projects such as adopting a stretch of highway for litter pickup, providing Christmas gifts for the needy, assisting with Special Olympics or volunteering at a local senior citizens center, soup kitchen, elementary school or troubled teens home.
Serteen/Collegiate Club Organization:
• Serteen/Collegiate groups are organized by Sertoma clubs. Each Serteen/Collegiate club has a club advisor who is a representative of the sponsoring Sertoma club, and/or a school advisor, usually a teacher or employee of the school where the club is formed.
• The Serteen and Collegiate Clubs are run by their members who decide which needs are most important in their schools or communities. They elect their own leaders, raise their own money, choose their own service projects, and plan their own activities.
Serteen/Collegiate Clubs Promote:
• Service to the less fortunate
• Service to local communities
• Good citizenship and good government
• Freedom and Democracy
• Opportunity for everyone
• Mutual understanding and tolerance for all people
• Positive peer association
• Friendship and fellowship as opportunities for Service to Mankind
Serteen/Collegiate Pins & Certificates:
Serteen & Collegiate merchandise is available for purchase through Sertoma Headquarters. Sertoma clubs may purchase member pins & certificates for their Serteen clubs. Contact Sertoma Headquarters to order materials.
You can now submit the Biannual Report online, you will need to create a username and password to complete this form process. If you would like to print and mail this report you can download below.
NEW - Online Biannual Report
Serteen/Collegiate Biannual Report PDF