By National Headquarters Staff
It’s Thanksgiving week here at Sertoma! As we enter into this time of giving and gratitude, our staff is sharing some of our favorite holiday traditions, what we are grateful for this year and how we like to say thanks to the people in our lives.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
- “Since we don’t have family here, we sometimes travel. When we don’t, we do the Turkey Trot 5K and then deliver meals for the Salvation Army.” -– Jason Camis, Executive Director
- “Gathering with family and friends, but I think most people will say that; the second would be making pumpkin pies.” – Brian Riegel, Development Officer
- “We usually travel to San Francisco to visit my in-laws from California and Hawaii. We celebrate with a big luau the day after.” – Brandi McGrath Kong, Director of Member Services & Conferences
- "We always celebrate with my aunt, uncle, and cousins, and we play boys vs. girls Pictionary every year after food and football." – Coutney Youngers, HAP Intern
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
- “My favorite food is stuffing! I only eat it during this holiday season, so all year long, I go without the yummy side. It's the only time where soggy bread is acceptable.” – Melanie Quinones, Content Coordinator
- “Homemade cranberry sauce.” - Connie Sloan, Membership Assistant
- “My wife Molly makes a delicious Rosemary Caramel Apple Pie.” – Jason
- “Noodles!” - Amy Ellington, Director of Finance
What do you like to do to show gratitude to people in your life?
- “I am a big gift giver. It doesn’t even have to be anything extravagant. Just a thoughtful little gift with a note to let the person know that you know who they are and appreciate who they are in your life can go a long way.” -Brandi
- “Since my glass is not just half full but overflowing most of the time, I love to show gratitude with huge hugs and authentic love. We all should always choose to have an attitude of gratitude; then, our world will be a wonderful place.” -Kim McGinnis, Accounting Assistant
- “Bringing little moments of extra joy into their lives, like a piece of chocolate, baking a treat, a tell them a joke when they are feeling down.” -Brian
What are you thankful for at Sertoma?
- “The amazing service our clubs perform in their community.” -Amy
- “I am thankful for the members and all that they do. Sharing the story of all the clubs has given me a greater appreciation for the unseen effort of volunteers all over the world. The creativity and energy that they put into making lives better is heartwarming.” –Melanie
- “Family and friends, otherwise known as co-workers and members.” -Connie
Thank you for everything you do in the name of Service to Mankind and thank you for being a member of Sertoma. Happy Thanksgiving!