Sertoma’s Professional Education Grant provides tuition or registration for Sertoma Affiliate staff attending short courses, workshops, seminars and conferences for the purpose of enhancing professional skills and maintaining credentials in the field of speech and hearing.
Grants up to $425 per Sertoma fiscal year are available. Application requests should meet the following criteria:
- Expand the service capability of the Affiliate
- Upgrade professional skills
- Endorsed or approved by a professional speech or hearing agency, such as ASHA, the American Society of Speech and Hearing Agencies, or a professional managerial association.
- Each Affiliate may receive one grant per Sertoma fiscal year.
Examples of allowable workshops, conventions and conferences include: ASHA Meeting, AAA Meeting, Conferences or Workshops on:
- Therapy for hearing impaired
- Neurological behavior
- Cochlear Implants
- Diagnostic Audiology
- Pediatric Head Injuries
- Occupational Hearing Conservation
- Clinical Management of Aphasia
- Agumentative/Alternative Communication
- Hearing Aid fitting
- Cleft Palate
- State Speech and Hearing Associations