Each year, Sertoma raises funds to support our scholarships, community grants, SAFEEars!®, A Sound Investment, and other hearing health programs. Over the past ten years, the Annual Fund has provided over 800 scholarships, more than $1,000,000 in grants, and provided information to more than 300,000 individuals on how to protect their hearing.
In 2023, Sertoma awarded 30 Communicative Disorders Scholarships at $1,000 scholarships. The Communicative Disorders Scholarship supports graduate students pursuing degrees; in audiology or speech-language pathology from institutions within the United States. Sertoma is one of the largest providers of scholarships for graduate students studying communicative disorders.
The Hard of Hearing or Deaf Scholarship supports undergraduate students who attend a four-year college or university. Students must have moderate to significant bilateral clinical hearing loss. In 2023, Sertoma awarded 46 $1,000 scholarships.
In addition, Sertoma awarded approximately $76,500 in Community Grants to organizations that belong to the national Adopt-An-Agency program. These organizations, also known as affiliates, are nonprofit hearing health organizations that have established a relationship with a Sertoma club or have an independent relationship with Sertoma. Community Grants awarded for hearing health-related programs, projects, or equipment are for any amount between $2,500 and $5,000.
Every donation, large and small, makes a difference. Why contribute to the Annual Fund? To support those in need! Our Hearing Health mission compels us to raise awareness of our hearing health issues, educate those willing to listen, and support people impacted by hearing loss through your contribution to the Annual Fund. Proceeds raised this year will support the hearing health program, scholarships, and Community Grants next fiscal year.
GIVE YOUR ANNUAL FUND GIFT TODAY!
Find the giving option that works best for you.
- One-Time Gifts: Your gift today, whatever the amount, significantly impacts the lives of those at risk for or impacted by hearing loss.
- Monthly Giving: Make a pledge and spread your gift out over the course of the year.
- Tribute Gifts: Make a gift in honor of a living person or in memory of someone who is deceased. What better way to commemorate someone who has significantly impacted your life.
- Matching Gifts: Double your gift with your employer’s help. Many companies will match charitable donations, doubling or even tripling your gift to Sertoma.
- Text-to-Give: Simply text SERTOMA to just text to 44-321, and a secure link will be sent to you to make your donation.